Assistant to the Editor-in-Chief
Location: Remote/Work in US EST
About Your Role:
As the Assistant to the Editor-in-Chief, you'll dedicate 6-10 hours a week to assist with the reporting and production of weekly and monthly tasks and to manage the brand’s editorial and social media calendars. You are a self-starter with impeccable communication skills and a strong desire to learn about the intricacies of magazine publishing. Additionally, you thrive in a fast-paced environment and are comfortable meeting deadlines, managing multiple projects, and working under pressure. Duties include story development, writing and interviewing; photo research; and managing social media channels. On occasion, the role will require additional administrative tasks such as representing the IntrigueMag editorial team at virtual career fairs and public relations events and conducting field-related research.
- Manage editorial and social media calendars, regularly updating to reflect relevant social holidays, events, and news
- Direct social media for four accounts (Instagram, Pinterest, Facebook, and LinkedIn), utilizing insights and analytics to devise a strategic posting strategy, with room for breaking news
- Update bi-weekly newsletter, including highlighting and linking content and circulating to subscribers
- Pitch and write 2-3 quick hits each week
- Pitch and write at least two in-depth reporting pieces each month
- Source and generate article images and graphics
- Build content in the CMS, adding details like hyperlinks, images, infographics, etc.
- Preview all drafted content before submission to EIC for final approval
- At least one year of reporting experience (internships included), preferably digital and social media experience
- Undergraduate degree in journalism or a related field
- Proven written and verbal communication skills
- Familiarity working within a CMS a plus
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment, juggle multiple projects, and meet critical deadlines
Position Type: Temp/freelance
Hourly Rate/Salary: $15/hr
Contact Name: Jessica Toscano
IntrigueMag, LLC is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.